- Tanker Shipping: More optimism in sight for tankers in the winter season
2015 has been the year of the tanker. The fundamental improvements with slow supply-side growth for some years coupled with low oil prices from mid-2014 created strength on both sides.
- Discount for BIMCO members at Ballast Water Management Summit in Rotterdam
A BIMCO representative will beside chairing the Summit also be participating in a discussion panel - BIMCO’s Members Discount: 15% discount - for more information and to register your attendance please contact Melanie Mulazzi on firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0) 203 161 0605 stating your BIMCO registration number.
- 1009_USCG_BWM_ News
The US Coastguard (USCG) has revised its Policy Letter No. 13-01 which outlines the requirements and formats for submission of ship extension requests to the ballast water management implementation schedule found in current USCG regulations.
- Dry Bulk Shipping: Markets are slowly improving from a very low level as the demand side falters
The shipping market and underlying profitability can only improve if the fundamental conditions (supply and demand) also improve. Therefore transportation of larger volumes, longer sailing distances in general or a lower increase of dry-bulk fleet size is a prerequisite for better markets to arrive.
- Security Advisory: Piracy – Revision of BMP 4 High Risk Area
BIMCO is pleased to advise that the co-sponsors of BMP 4 have agreed to a revised definition of the High Risk Area. The High Risk Area is now defined as being bounded by...
- BIMCO assists an agency member to recover USD 22,000
- Container Shipping: Low demand on high-volume trades weighs down as supply rises
2015 will see a new record inflow of newbuilt tonnage. BIMCO forecasts close to 1.6 million TEU will be delivered by the end of 2015. This marks the highest inflow of new capacity ever.
- Macro Economics: Demand supported by EU and US while China is creating uncertainty
All eyes are on China in recent months as most other non-Chinese economic indicators have been dwarfed by the government’s actions and markets’ reactions. It is all of the things that we don’t know about the Chinese economy that is worrying, not the fact that the economy is in a transition phase which inevitably will drive down GDP growth and change import and export patterns.
- Important news relating to user fees imposed by the Province of Zambales, Philippines
BIMCO has recently received reports from members having received invoices issued by the Province of Zambales in the Philippines concerning a so-called Provincial Coast Watch Environmental Monitoring System User Fee. The invoices impose significant fees on ships transiting the territorial waters...
- Watchkeeper: Too much trouble?
Are we strangling initiative, even seamanship, with red tape? It is a good point, raised by the maritime Director of the Confidential Hazardous Incident Reporting Programme (CHIRP) in his latest “feedback”...