- Maritime Anti-Corruption Network
As part of BIMCO’s support to endeavours to fight corruption, we would like to bring members’ attention to the Maritime Anti-Corruption Network (MACN)...
- 2015 Crew Communication - Survey
Owners are kindly encouraged to promote the Futurenautics Research 2015 Crew Communication Survey among their relevant crew, employees and staff. The full dataset and analysis will be published in a report that will be available free for digital download.
- Outcome of the 102nd session of the IMO Legal Committee
Members were informed earlier this week about the 102nd session of the IMO’s Legal Committee, which took place on 14 to 16 April at the IMO Headquarters in London. The following is a brief report of the main discussions at the meeting.
- Cargo Alert - Port Yuzhny, Ukraine - Update on access to cargo surveyors
Further to the BIMCO's news piece on complications and problems experienced at the port of Yuzhny with regard to providing access to P&I Clubs' surveyors for ships loading solid bulk cargoes there, an update on the situation has been received...
- Last chance to sign up for BIMCO’s free events in Hong Kong and Shanghai
BIMCO will host two free events in Hong Kong and Shanghai on 21 April and 24 April where BIMCO staff will share knowledge on how to use, understand and manage shipping contracts and clauses with the audience...
- International shipping organisations to develop cyber security guidelines for shipping
It has been announced today that the Round Table of international shipping associations (RT) comprising BIMCO, ICS, Intercargo and INTERTANKO are developing standards and guidelines to address the major cyber security issues faced by the shipping industry.
- Chinese slowdown confirmed in Chinese and IMF data
The Chinese economy grew by 7.0% y-o-y in the first quarter of 2015, according to National Bureau of Statistics in China. This is the weakest overall growth in six years. Growth during the quarter was strongest in the industrial sector (6.4%) and the service sector (7.9%), whereas the primary sector (3.2%) contributed to a lesser extent.
- Container ship freight rates fall on declining Chinese exports
Since February, freight rates on the three key container shipping lanes has left the erratic up and down movements behind only to slide week after week.
- USCG announces modification of conditions of entry on ships arriving from all ports in Libya
Members should be advised that the US Coast Guard (USCG) has released the attached Port Security Advisory (PSA) 2-15 concerning the modification of conditions of entry on ships arriving from ports not maintaining effective anti-terrorism measures.
- Yemen bans entry to territorial waters - latest security advisory
Further to the advisory published by BIMCO on 2 April 2015, it was reported yesterday that navigation in Yemen's territorial waters has been banned and ships are not allowed into Yemen unless inspected and approval by the Saudi-led coalition forces.